Strata and Community Title
Polczynski Lawyers works with strata managers and owners corporations advising on all aspects of strata and community title law.
Polczynski Lawyers' strata and community law expertise spans the following areas:
- General strata advice
- NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal hearings, including on new issues arising from the interpretation of the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (2015 Act)
- Building defects litigation
- By-law reviews, preparation and consolidation, including specialised by-laws under the 2015 Act
- Neighbourhood disputes including access to neighbouring land (for repairs), granting easements, advice on retaining walls and dividing fences, tree root advice, access for crane swings and ground anchors
- Amending strata plans, such as approving and registering a strata plan of subdivision (where an owner buys common property), terminating strata schemes, excising lots from schemes, splitting strata schemes, preparing and amending strata and community management statements and strata development contracts
We frequently give seminars on topics of relevance to strata managers, with recent ones including works by-laws, the 2015 Act, easements and ground anchor deeds and pets.