Karina has extensive experience advising banks, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and corporate clients on a wide range of commercial matters, insolvency and restructuring issues, director and shareholder disputes, and corporate and debt restructuring. She also practices in the area of bankruptcy law.
Karina is highly experienced in complex insolvency litigation and dispute resolution, and is focused on practical and commercial outcomes for her clients.
Karina has considerable involvement in resolving disputes through alternative dispute resolution processes, including both private and Court ordered mediation, conciliation and arbitration. She has experience in a wide range of industries, including real estate, construction, retail, mining and agriculture. She is an accredited specialist in commercial litigation and dispute resolution and a member of the Law Society of New South Wales’ Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Advisory Committees.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in a professional negligence claim against a major Australian accounting firm in respect of taxation advice regarding termination entitlement totalling US$180 million.
- Acting for receivers appointed over a resort, including the sale of various assets and land.
- Representing the interests of a group of online foreign exchange account clients in an application brought by the liquidators of MF Global Australia Ltd (In Liquidation) for various directions including orders for pooling of assets in various client segregated accounts.
- Acting for a secured creditor in proceedings to wind up the operating entity of a shopping centre and defending misleading, deceptive and unconscionable conduct claims.
- Acting for a major bank in respect of a fraud scheme orchestrated by a group of employees. Freezing assets, tracing funds, enforcing judgments and assisting in criminal prosecutions.