We are determined to deliver the best commercial outcome in a complex restructuring or insolvency issue.
It is what we do.
Our approach is concise and strategic, often pioneering. We look at the big picture and work collaboratively with our clients which include major financiers, insurers, insolvency practitioners, directors and corporate borrowers.
As well as advising liquidators and secured creditors, our unique experience in insolvency and insurance means we provide expert advice on director and officer claims and frequently advise boards in relation to potential insolvencies.
Our restructuring and insolvency services
- Insolvency practitioners
- Voluntary administrations and liquidations
- Receiverships and receivership appointments and indemnities
- Asset recoveries and realisations, both for and against liquidators
- Creditor’s rights and obligations
- Receiver’s rights and obligations
- PPSR issues
- Voidable transaction claims, both prosecuting and defending
- Insolvent trading actions, both prosecuting and defending
- Deed of company arrangements
Track record in restructuring and insolvency work
Advising the administrators and deed administrators of this publicly listed company. Complex and novel issues arose from Sons of Gwalia style shareholder claims. The novel point considered by the Federal Court was the construction and application of section 600H of the Corporations Act.