Matthew is a litigator with over 25 years of experience in commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Matthew has acted for financial institutions and corporations, along with insolvency practitioners in all Courts and Tribunals of Australia, across a broad range of issues. Matthew has also acted for a number of individuals and businesses in commercial and/or and non-business related disputes and recoveries, bringing significant and varied experience to the Polczynski Robinson team.
With a thorough and considered approach, Matthew strives to understand the key issues in any given dispute, working closely with clients to adopt a strategy tailored to their needs and preferred outcomes. Clients enjoy Matthew’s personability and pragmatic approach to litigation.
Matthew’s work philosophy is a mixture of being results-oriented, combined with a common-sense business approach.
During his time as a litigator Matthew has had the pleasure of successfully acting for:
- Bank and Non-Bank Lenders across all States and Territories of Australia in the enforcement of their rights under Mortgage, Charge and/or Guarantee.
- Individual family members in the objection, review and Federal Court appeal process under Part IVC of the Taxation Administration Act 1953.
- A Liquidator in successfully opposing an appeal to the High Court Australia on an issue questioning the scope of federal jurisdiction exercised by the District Court of New South Wales.
- Trustees in Bankruptcy in securing orders for possession of real property in the Federal Court of Australia.
- A major demolition and contamination waste removal company in the mediation and return of progress payments due under a construction contract.
Matthew has completed the IPAA Professional Program.